Languages: English, Italian
Areas of expertise
- Banking, Finance, and Insurance Law (specifically anti-money laundering, banking compliance, privacy law, contracts) in the field of compliance-regulation and cross-border operations
- Assistance to corporate functions in the areas of anti-money laundering and compliance
- New payment systems and virtual currencies
- Administrative responsibility of corporate entities (Legislative Decree no. 231/01); drafting and updating organizational models
- Litigation, procedures before Supervisory Authorities and Arbitration, including assistance before Higher courts
- Mauro Tosello is a graduate of the University of Milan. He specialized in corporate tax law at the Bocconi University of Milan and obtained a master’s degree in Banking Techniques and Management from the School of Business Administration. He has advised banks, asset management companies, financial intermediaries, and insurance companies for more than twenty years on out-of-court banking matters. He has also assisted clients in M&A transactions, both domestic and international, in interactions with Supervisory Authorities and in litigation for primary banks.
- He has carried out other consulting activities and is a member of primary trade associations in the banking area.
After cooperating with leading consulting firms in the banking area, in 2004, he joined a primary firm in Milan, working as a lawyer in the banking department. From 2007 he led the banking law department at Martinez & Novebaci Firm in Milan, which he left in 2015 to start, as a founding partner, the professional project “B.Fs.I. legal” aimed at providing increasingly integrated services in the banking, financial, and insurance areas.
- He is a member of the Milan Bar and is qualified to practice before the High Courts (Court of Cassation, Council of State and Constitutional Court) assisting Banks, SGRs, Financial Intermediaries, and Insurance Companies; he acts as chairman or member of Supervisory Bodies pursuant to Legislative Decree no. 231/01.
- He has published many articles for specialized trade journals and attended as a speaker several industry conferences.
- In September 2021, to provide increasingly comprehensive assistance to his clients, he joined Elexia lawyers & accountants as a partner within an even more qualified professional context.
- a.a. 1993/1994, Law degree, University of Milan.
- 2004, Admission to the Milan Bar.
- 2016, Enrolled in the Special Register of counsels before Higher Courts.
- Chairman and member of the Supervisory Board of primary Banks and Financial Intermediaries.
- Trainer and speaker at numerous industry seminars.
- Editor of various articles for specialized journals.
- Co-author of webinars (on anti-money laundering).