Languages: English, Italian
Areas of expertise
- Bankruptcy Law, Insolvency and Debt Restructuring Procedures
- Commercial and Corporate Law
- Litigation and Arbitration
- Banking, Financial and Insurance Law
- Corporate offices
- Court Appointments in cases of civil jurisdiction
- Mr. Portinaro, is a graduate of the University of Milan. He holds a master’s degree in Bankruptcy Law from Bocconi University. For over twenty years he has been involved in corporate consulting, extraordinary corporate procedures including mergers, demergers, M&As, debt restructuring, company management during financial distress, and bankruptcy proceedings.
- Between 1994 and 2004, he worked at the Milan based firm “Bosticco – Portinaro”, of which he was a name partner.
- He is listed in the Register of Judiciary Trustees for the Ordinary Section and in the Experts Section of Corporate Managers. He also acts as a Bankruptcy Trustee, Judicial Commissioner and Professional Sales Delegate in real estate enforcement proceedings. He is a member of the Commission for Executive and Insolvency Procedures and is also Manager of the Companies in State of Crisis Composition Board of the Bar Association of Milan.
- He is an expert in the field of banking law and legal matters involving financial instruments and derivative contracts; in this area he has played a decisive role in some of the better-known cases by providing assistance to public organizations and private companies alike and has become one of the leading experts in the country. He serves as independent director on several boards of small and mid-size companies.
- At the beginning of 2015, Mr. Portinaro together with Ms. Castagnoli established the firm Portinaro – Castagnoli. At the same time, to provide his clients with a broader range of services in a growing professional environment, he was among the founding members of Elexia, lawyers and accountants.
- 1990, Law Degree, State University of Milan
- 2011, Admitted to the Bar Association of Milan
- 1994, Admitted to the Special Register of Supreme Court Counsels
- Manager of the Crisis Settlement BoardS of the Milan Bar Association
- Bankruptcy Trustee for the Court of Milan
- Sales Delegate in Real Estate Enforcement Procedures
- “Practical guide for social cooperatives under local government deficits or financial instability. What to do, when to do it and how to do it”, 2012